Whats the diffrence between a chrysler pacifica base and pacifica touring??

Asked by Jul 24, 2013 at 02:18 AM about the 2004 Chrysler Pacifica

Base and Touring models share the same 3.5L V6 engine and both have AWD..but the Touring offered the 3rd row seating and had Navigation System, Bluetooth, and Traction Control (ALL as available options). Unless you already own one, I would strongly advise against getting one...Here's why (from Wikipedia): The initial production models of the Pacifica gave the nameplate a bad reputation, due to poor mechanical reliability of the transmission and engine, liner and interior flaws, electrical glitches, and low build quality. Furthermore, Chrysler was slow to react in fixing these problems. Consumer Reports magazine rated the Chrysler Pacifica as "much worse than average" in terms of reliability. Consumer Reports also rated the Chrysler Pacifica with an extremely low consumer satisfaction of 48/100, one of the lowest ratings in the magazine's database for the consumer satisfaction survey. The Pacifica's closest competitors in the 3-row crossover segment, such as the Ford Freestyle and Honda Pilot, received "average" and "much better than average" ratings, respectively.

jennwill08...Was this helpful for you at ALL??

Racer_X-We own a 2004 Pacifica That we purchased with 53000 miles and now has 217000 miles. Never a problem. Luxury and dependability at its finest.

Glad you've had good luck with the Pacifica! It is a nice looking vehicle for sure..definitely more luxurious than my Mitsu Outlander SUV..LOL! I'm just not a fan of Dodge/Plymouth/Chrysler products based on what I've read about (or heard from owners) over the years!

I love my pacifica touring

Oh wow...my wife and I love our 2005 Touring. She's wanting a newer model as we ha ve 242K miles on it...but never have had any major problems. I think the only issue has been w/lackadaisical dealerships.

We are on our second 2004 Pacifica. We drove the first one to 229000 miles with no major problems. Our second one has 139000 and no problems. We purchased them both with under 50000 miles. We love our Pacificas!

Our Pacifica Touring (07) is beautiful and has been very dependable. Two major things happened: Torque Converter went out immediately after we bought this (used); the dealer fixed this and there has not been a problem since. The electrical glitch is a problem. Over 3 years ago we lost the ability to roll down windows and adjust mirror on the left side, and within current year lost our cruise control. Weighed against the other features, we still like our Pacifica. One problem remains; as a front wheel drive vehicle, it does not do well in snow. (It gets stuck easily.)

I just bought a crysler pacifica. After I bought I was thinking I don't see all wheel drive anywhere on this car. But some emblems are missing so how do I tell if is awd

guyfleegeman what did they say the problem was when it lost the ability to control windows