what would make a chrysler 300 run hot if u check out water pump,thermalstate,radiator

Asked by Jul 10, 2014 at 10:43 PM about the 2004 Chrysler 300M

the car is running hot but cant figure out whats the problem i check radiator ,water pump thermalstate. its not steaming out of tail pipe,what could it be am i missing something

68,345

Bad Water pump,more than likely,if thermostat good.

55

But you can get a bad thermostat even if it's new check them yourself if you don't know how Google it or I can explain

35,405

Did you replace the radiator cap? I've heard of the cap coursing just such a problem.

215

Check your coolant with motor idling, radiator cap off when still cold. When temp rises above normal, look in radiator (not overflow), coolant should be cycling. If not, then the thermostat isn't opening. Replace...

1,335

This car has a special air bleed procedure trapped air creates hot spots thus hot running. If it's fine driving, and overheats in traffic then the cooling fan or fan relay is junk

80

If you recently changed your thermostat, water pump, radiator or overflow coolant tank, recommend you purging the system. To do so, drive the car around the block (in order to warm up the engine) open the purge valve, located in front of upper intake manifold. If you then can't locate the purge valve, it's sitting right behind the upper radiator hose. Ensure you have a 10MM deep socket and loosen the valve (don't completely remove it) and remove the coolant reservoir tank cap (if engine is hot - be very careful of the pressure). once the air is purged out of the system, look a the reservoir tank and if coolant level is slow, ensure you add additional coolant.

160

Put new waterpump and thermostat in my 2006 chyrsler 300 3.5 and still overheats

Don't use clamps . Open bleed valve fill to no air. Pressurerise The cooling system for a bit while bleedvalve is open. Dog this 2-3 Times whit no air from bleedvalve. Close bleedvalve under pressure. Remove pressure. Fill a bit if nessesary. Then all your problems whit overheating should dissaper. My car 300M 3.5 LE never reaches higher than 90 degress. Try it. Sinserly henrik Denmark.

The 100% correct way is pressurerising the cooling system while filling coolant whit bleeding valve open. NO CLAMPS on hoses. ☺ Denmark.

Thanks no i did'nt no that. I think they are called Mopar i will think about it. I'm a little rusty in english. I would like to join a chrysler club. But what I have read in denmark there are speciel rules for joining chrysler club. ☺

Working temperature on my car.