TPMS self diagnosis

25

Asked by Jul 21, 2013 at 11:06 AM about the 2004 Chrysler 300M

I know there is a self diagnostics procedure for the tpm system using the Electronic
Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) ...   but can't find it, can anyone help?

104,455

2002 - 2004 300M (Option) 2004 - 2008 Crossfire (incl. SRT6) 2002 - 2003 Caravan 4X4 (Standard) 1. Inflate all tires to correct pressure specification as indicated on the Vehicle Tire Placard. Calculate for air temperature. 2. Press MENU key on the electronic vehicle information center until RETRAIN TIRE SENSORS-NO is displayed. 3. Press STEP button until YES appears. 4. Press MENU button to select YES, causing display to read TRAIN LEFT FRONT TIRE. 5. Place activation tool on the left front tire valve stem. The tool should remain in place for approximately five seconds, until the horn sounds. 6. Repeat procedure for the remaining sensors in this sequence: right front, right rear, left front and spare. 7. After all four or five sensors have been reset, the electronic vehicle information center will display: TRAINING COMPLETE.If TRAINING ABORTED appears on the electronic vehicle information center at any time, move the vehicle ahead at least one foot and restart procedure. 8. Press either MENU, RESET, STEP or C/T on the electronic driver information center to exit the reset procedure. Learn mode will cancel if the system is not re-trained within the allotted time and the procedure will have to be repeated for all tires.

104,455

http://www.brakeandfrontend.com/Article/78483/tpms_update_chrysler_t ire_pressure_monitor_systems.aspx -- this is where I found that info. Might be easy to read at site. Hope this helps and is what you are looking for.

25

I didn't mean retraining the sensor... that I can do... but thanks for the quick response... I meant doing a diagnostic test of each tire sensor through the EVIC... I found the procedure on line a couple of years ago and did it... but forgot where I found it... I getting the error message "Bad or Missing Sensor" which I had a tire store check with their hand held device and they couldn't find which sensor it is.

On a 2002 Town and Country: Put EVIC in blank screen. Press and hold RESET until "Retrain Sensors" displays. Release RESET. Select "NO" response to Retrain. The diagnostic mode displays car and counters for each wheel sensor. The counters increment about once every 30 seconds and the number in Parentheses () I believe is signal strength 0-8 scale. Mode exits when ignition is turned off. I use this mode to determine and monitor which ones are failing. Sensor with weak strength (low battery) and missed counts and eventually the infamous "See Owner’s Manual and go see Stealer" msg comes on. Go to Discount tire and get sensor replaced for $50 to $60 bucks. Forget the Dealer unless you enjoy the raping. I ran mine until sensor output would say 0 (0) or until I couldn’t stand the chime and nag screen every time I started down the road. I've had 2 replaced after 10 years. Not driven much since 2007. Note: Discount tire uses VDO Redi-sensors. It seems to transmit every minute (half as much and signal strength is half as strong. VDO will not confirm this. They say Proprietary information. Which I read to mean yes that is correct. However my EVIC is complaining again. So either they put in the wrong sensor or the Redi-sensor is not good enough for the older 2002. VDO claims it is made to factory specs. I would be interested if anyone else has had issues similar to mine. I want to avoid Redi-Sensor. Discount tire will not replace it. The other one Discount Tire installed 2 years ago was Air Aware brand and it has been perfect. Counters and strength are the same as the factory ones.

Where can you get the Activation Tool to set up my tire Pressure Sensors,? I have my right rear sensor reading 0, Good Year said they rplaced the tire sensor two times, no help, claims I will have to go to the dealer for trouble shooting.In other words they pulled a good sensor out two times and and charged me for nothing except replacing good sensors with good sensors? can some one please send me an e mail at jpmorgansr@hotmail.com? Thanks.