2009 Camry base

10

Asked by Aug 23, 2017 at 09:08 PM about the 2009 Toyota Camry

My car won't start, everything was fine and when I got in for lunch there was nothing. No turn over, no click, no lights the key fob wouldn't even unlock the door. My battery is good I got it checked and also tried to jump it. It can't be the alternator because I would see something if the battery is okay. I don't think it's the starter. I think it may be a main fuse, however, from what I understand it usually would require an act of congress for that to blow....again NO power whatsoever I do have subs and an amplifier everything was fine getting to work.

6,620

Did you notice any warning lights on or flashing when the engine WAS running? Did you try using the spare key for starting?

10

No warning lights at all everything was fine and then nothing when I returned for lunch. The strange things is that when using the test light there was power to everything. Fuses, starter, alternator but there was even power when grounded. I could touch a random piece of metal under the hood that should have nothing power wise going to it and it would still light up...yet NO power to anything. I also understand that there should be no power to the random piece of metal....any thoughts?

285

yea you got a wiring issue. test light should not come on when hooked to ground on anything that does not have wires going to it. pop the hood find wiring harness give it a good shake and try to start agian. or simply hold test light on piece of metal and see if it does not go out when you start moving wiring harness around. do this with as many wires as you can access under the hood. if it still does not start or test light blink or go out then you know that your issue is under the dash some were most likely. repeat same procedure with wires under dash. this should not be to hard to find. you also may want to just double check anything youve reconected lately to be sure you did not hook anything up backward including the battery itself. good luck

6,620

09camry...did you ever resolve the issue with this vehicle?

How do I keep the hood opened

6,620

Usually there is a ...Hood Prop Rod which engages a hole in the hood to hold the hood in fhe up position. You might consult the Owners Manual for instructions.