Why is my 2005 Chrysler 300 still over heating after replacing thermostat, water pump, Radiator, and by passing the heater core?

90

Asked by Feb 07, 2014 at 05:00 AM about the 2005 Chrysler 300

1,650

what engine do you have, if you have a/c turn it on, the radiator fans should come on, it is common for the motors to quit and the fan blades to break,

90

3.5 we do have a/c and I've run it before when it starts over heating just to see if it would do anything and it didn't cool it down....we are losing water some where but can't find the leak...someone said that the (don't quote me IM a girl) gaskets in the intake manifold (?) Might be bad and we could be loosing water in there....does that make sense?

1,650

yes it could be the intake gaskets, also the water pump is driven by the timing belt, also the right timing that the water pump bolts to can also leak coolant.

1,650

you still didn't answer my question, doo the cooling fans work ( the radiator fans )

90

Some times I can definitely hear them click on , other times I have noticed I don't hear them, but I didn't get a chance to look at the car today due to work but I ran the a/c at all times driving to and from work and noticed the gauge would start rising then drop suddenly to half way then after a minute start rising again

1,650

take it to a shop and have a block check done to see if exhaust gases are getting into the cooling system.

90

Awesome thank you, have a diagnostic scheduled for Friday....is that an expensive fix?

90

Just was told my "impeller on water pump" could be broken....know anything about this and would it cause leaking? We know there is a leak some place but just cannot find it

1,650

the water pump is driven by the timing belt, remove the upper timing cover and look inside, if you see a lot of pink crust type stuff then yes water pump is leaking, if you have more than 100k miles the inner timing cover may also be leaking

1,650

yes it can be costly

1,650

diagnostic should be about 1 hour for diag only.

90

Thanks

10

Let us know what your final diagnosis was and how did you get it repaired? I'm having the exact same problem for the exact same car.

60

same problem 2006 chrysler 300 5.7

60

All my parts are bought from Chrysler just to make sure they are right. Allready replaced coolant temp. sensor, thermostat, new radiator cap, new fans. problem still happening. At idle temp stays around half way but when driving it overheats quickly. Allready done the 9v battery check on all coolant relays, which checked out fine. Went ahead and replaced all fuses (19,and 22) that are connected w the coolant system just to make sure. Hoping the other two components arent the problem but from the way it looks, it is. Any comments would be helpful.

20

Did anyone find the solutions to the over heating problem

20

I have the same problem what was the solutions was it ever fixed.

I have the exact same problem on my Chrysler

20

Hello I have 5.7 hemi I just change the fans water pump the radiator and thermostat is still want to over heat what could be my problem I did a flash coolant and when I put new go5 fill up fast could it mean that clagg some where by the morning be almost gonna be of I did a flash it should take close to two gallons but doesn't even take one

20

Try your cooling temperature sensor that work for me and it's only 15 bucks

40

07 300 3.5 over heats already checked all fuses relays new thermostat coolant radiator cap and still over heats top hose gets really hot

30

I have over heating problem too. I changed thermostat, coolant sensor, fan relay switch and water pump. My car is still over heating. Anyone know what else it colud be?

10

I'm having same problem with my 2005 Chrysler 300C hemi changed temp sensor thermostat relays belt my fans are kicking on can't c no leaks any where but every time I turn car off after a minute water starts bubbling in water jug then starts coming out need help anyone

10

Dose anybody what that means hemi motor 5.7 2005 Chrysler 300C

20

Im hvaing a problem with my Chrylser 300 2006 3.5 , its leaking from the front passenger side. Depending what i put in the disposible (water or antifreeze) it leaks it slowly . Then overheats (thats letting me know , it leaked the whole thing) . I really dont know fior sure if its the radiator , could someone help ?

10

Y my 2005 Chrysler hemi keep over heating

10

Did that problem ever get fixed???

I have a 2005 chrysler 300 that over heats while idling. Runs cold while driving. Also there is no heat blowing just cold air.

35

Hello all. I have an 06' Chrysler 300 2.7 L that has been giving me error code 2181 for a good while. I moved my car from Florida to Colorado, so I think there may have been an adjustment with the cooling system. Recently I had a coolant leak from the passenger side near the radiator, I thought it was the upper hose so I replaced it but the leak continued. I am about to start the change of the radiator and expect that it should not leak further. I will update. Thankfully I have not overheated. @Listo7171 -- I had the bubbling problem some time ago, replacing the reservoir cap fixed my issue -- after I flushed the coolant and burped the system, give that a shot (you don't have to flush it, just try the a new reservoir cap and let the car idle for 15- 20 minutes with the reservoir cap off to let any air out).

I have a 2008 chrysler 300c RWD 5.7 HEMI mine has 102,000 miles . mine was boiling over it seemed an the Reservoir temperature gauge showed no signs of overheating nor the motor just the Overflow would pour antifreeze after cutting the engine off and not every time I replaced the coolant reservoir cap as sunset in earlier posts been driving it for 3 months now and have not had any problems I did check compression test just to make sure everything is fine now hope others is as simple as mine was hope this post helps.

If compression is good, I would say a small amount of air is getting into the system. These cars are notorious for overheating if there is a small breach in the cooling system. I purchased one from a guy for a very cheep price because he thought it had a blown head due to the ovsrheating. Turned out to be the gasket to the thermostat housing. A small amount of air had been getting into the area. Cost $5 to fix.