My service engine soon is on. On my 90 eldorado

Asked by Oct 13, 2014 at 11:13 PM about the 1990 Cadillac Eldorado

35,595

You need to get the recommended service done.

20,390

Take it in and have it scanned. Autozone will do it for free. They will be able to tell you what's wrong after scanning it.

35,595

Good morning T.A. Can AutoZone scan a 1990?

20,390

Good morning? LOL, how far east are you? They should be able to even with the old school plug in. Most of the scan tools have removable female ports/plugs for older cars. At least my local one does here.

35,595

Hey T.C. now 12:30 P.M. here in Bohol Philippines. I guess you can say I'm on the graveyard shift. LOL.

35,595

Whoops. T.A. I'm 12 hours ahead of you if you live on the east coast of the USA.

20,390

Cool, I looked up what Bohol was/ment cuz I was curious. Didn't know if that's where you're from, that you just like the way it looks, you plan to retire or already are retired there, LOL I'm from the Midwest in the good ol U.S. of A.

35,595

How are you doing T.A. Yeah I'm a Xpat from the USA retired to the Philippines. The island I live on is Bohol. I took early retirement and moved to where it's nice and warm. I was able to buy a 3 bedroom 2 bath house for $33000.00 and the taxes are $5.00 a year. We have a housekeeper to help with our active 3 year old. I have COPD and require frequent Dr. visits. With OUT insurance my meds and Dr. Visits are less than my deductibles back in the US. Example. My inhaler in the states was $50.00 a generic version here is $6.25. A Dr. Visit is anywhere between $1.25 & $15.00. Google. BOHOL PHILIPPINES. It's a great place to live. The locals like America and Americans.

20,390

I'm ok Mark, taking a few days off work to spend some time with my family and finish up a remodel job on our main bathroom. I saw pictures on Google of Bohol when I looked it up. It looks beautiful. Sorry to hear about your COPD. A family friend was just diagnosed with that a few months ago. I can see why you moved there! Warm weather and cheap cost of living! Fall is in full swing here and we've had our first couple of frosts. I love the fall but hate winter. So I'm a lil envious of you, LOL. So being a car guy what do you own/drive in Bohol?

35,595

Right now I am driving a 20 year old Kia sportage diesel. I'm looking for something a little bigger. I'm a Ford guy and along with the Explorer, Expedition and Excursion Ford sells a diesel powered SUV called the Everest. It's just a little smaller than the Explorer but nicely appointed. Considering the roads here are narrow and there are no rules of the road to speak of so the Explorer Expedition and Excursion are not practical. I'm very happy here but to be honest I miss a good steak. If you like fish then you are in luck.

20,390

Nice, for some reason(gas companies) everywhere else in the world uses diesel vehicles except the US. Hyundai and KIA have come a looooong way in the past 20 years, anyway here in the states they have. I just bought my wife an 06 Sedona EX (every option)last weekend. Gotta love Craigslist. We've been to Puerto Rico a few times the roads and driving (or lack of) sounds similar. I love seafood just not a huge fan of fish. You should get ahold of one of the steak places back here and have them ship some to you. The pack them in dry ice. I think one of them is Oklahoma steaks or something like that. I'm sure you can Google it. Maybe a Christmas present to yourself?

35,595

I just found out that there's a TGIF in Cebu City and that's only a hour away by fast ferry. Now I have to think up a good excuse to go there. I just hope that they they use Australian beef. There are McDonalds here but the burgers are unateble. I think they use water buffalo meat. YUCK.

35,595

Diesel is a lot cheaper here then gas. And in the big city's like Manila and Cebu City the cabs run on LPG. It's even cheaper than diesel. LPG is the fuel of the future as far as I can see it. Well it's bed time and my 3 year old will be awake at 5:30 and want to play.

20,390

Very cool. Yea McDonald's is ok with "real beer" I can't imagine what it tastes like with water buffalo...... I'll take your word that its not good. LPG is not even an after thought here, huh? Get some sleep. See you/email you more on other questions I'm sure.

35,595

Yeha! I found a place that sells beef! Ground Beef :-) It's a ,125 kilometer round trip but worth it. The price of diesel has dropped about 12ยข over the past month. What's the price of gas doing there?

20,390

Wow, that's great! It's amazing what little things that you take for granted. I live in a small town of about 5000 and we have 2 grocery stores filled with a great selection of meats. Gas is way down here too. I think last time I filled up it was $3.21 a gallon, (which is still way to high) but it was like $3.79 a few months ago. You get cheap cost of living, beautiful surroundings, and warm weather. I get easy to buy meat. You win, LOL.