Hub Cap and Heater

5

Asked by Mar 13, 2010 at 06:08 PM about the 1978 Datsun F10

Hey, My 32 year old car is a bit of a rust machine but runs like a top. I have lost a hub cap though and I am looking for one at a fair price as I am on disability. I am also looking for a new heater or heater core (someone told me). I searched for a heater core and couldn't find one. I would like to replace the front left and right panels but think that they would just be too hard to find. Any advice.

Try to find a datsun 310 it was made in the 80's and should be easier to find it was basically a newer f10 and parts ae interchangable datsun heater cores never failed but heater hoses did so check that first make sure its not leaking or blocked. its also a good idea to re torque the cyclinder head bolts about every 50,000 miles. those aluminum heads mounted to a cast iron block did require re torquing so not to blow a head gasket. also the slave cyclinders did fail quite often. I liked the F10. There still around in California. you might have better luck there for parts

5

I just found out how to respond even though this was a year ago. I hesitantly just sold this car for $700. I think it is a good deal. There was only one thing that I thought needed attending. It had a manifold gasket leak. This old guy bought it to pull behind his motorhome. He is pleased cuz he said that it is easy to fix things on this type car. I once did have the head retorqued at about 80K miles. It has 163 not 166K miles on it. I just didn't drive it enough to warrant keeping it. It is and was a great, great car. I would have kept it if I thought that in the future it would be worth something cuz they only made them two years. I just loved this car. I know this man will take care of it too. He seemed to want to take care of it like I did. Yeah. I became emotionally attached cuz it was the very first car I ever bought and cuz of that I took really good care of it. Thanks.

5

This car is up for sale. the man who wanted it a year ago didn't buy it. I held onto it, covered and garaged. I would like to sell it again to someone who will follow through with the buy.