Where can I locate one for sale?

Asked by Jan 24, 2012 at 01:24 PM about the 1959 Ford Anglia

I purchased a 1959 English Ford Anglia out of high school in June 1959. It was the best car I ever owned and would love to see one again and maybe even buy one. I live in the Atlantic City area.

905

try cars.com or autotrader.com. these sites are the best. i bought my cars on these sites.

Thanks, Karl, I'll do that! I appreciate your help.

295

Hey Dapperbob- What you're looking for is an extremely rare car in the US and I'd be surprised if you found this for sale on Cars.com, Autotrader.com or CarGurus.com (CarGurus has used car listings too!) But, good luck!

20

I have 1960(when I bought it in 1970 and over hauled the engine some 60 parts did not fit but 59 parts would ) I was told it may have been miss titled during one of the times it was sold. It is 99.9% complete but has been in a small shed for approx 15 yrs.I quit driving it when it would flood out and it would shimmy frequently. I was going to restore it for a show car but I celebrated my 75th birthday this year and I really don't have the energy or desire to. If interested contact me by phone 620-624-3228. the car is located in Liberal, Kansas.

Thanks for the information on the 1960 model, but I was really looking for the '59. However, if you have any good photo's I'd like to see them. Can you e-mail them to me by chance? bdees60@yahoo.com. By the way, I am cellabrating my own 72nd birthday this month and still driving, working and having a ball!! Mays Landing, NJ

20

I wish I could AFFORD to buy and "fix one up" ... I had a 1959 as my "first" car - in fact, my dad loved these cars, we had a "station wagon" another coupe that was his "back and forth to work" car -- and the coupe that was fixed up for my older brother - then - me, to use when we started driving. I don't even know what mom DID with the cars, after dad passed away. Sure wish I still had one!

20

Check out http://www.enfostuff.com/forum - Great group of US English Ford guys and gals, and a pretty active For Sale section as well

20

I have one for sale, a 1951 Ford Prefect, body restored, interior headliner done, all chromework done, new floors, exhaust, engine and transmission both perfect (for a Prefect!). Comes with spare motor, transmission, (3) extra wheels, and a whole bunch of other bits - it even has an Aircare (smog) pass and is eligible for collector status locally, which can only be done if the car is in tip top shape and is all original. The ONLY reason I am selling it is because the week after I bought this, the car I have been looking for, for months (a MK1 Cortina GT) came on the market and I bought that as well. I cannot afford both, I don't have the space and I don't have the time to look after both of them - plus the wife frowned so hard the neighbours dog started howling... So, it has to go. The photo shows what I am talking about - nose to nose!

10

I have a 1959 English Ford Anglia 100E for sale (All Original). It was built in South Africa and shipped to England. Later is was brought to the U.S. It is a right hand drive. Car has no body damage and interior is in great condition. 's green with cream and red interior. Engine has been pulled and started to be rebuilt (have all parts). I'm located in Orange County. California I can be reached at: Bootysghost@yahoo.com

I have a 65 ford Anglia for sale as well as a 1965 Ford Cortina I can share pictures if interested. Email me at letang65@yahoo.com. Serious inquires only. Make an offer for consideration.

20

Car (1951 Ford Pefect) above by MK14ever is sold

10

6193488374 call me i have one in san diego for sale

10

But its a 1951

The 1959 Tan 2 door was my first car in high school. I paid $35 for it from my minister. I loved the car and it was the first engine I ever rebuilt, 1966. I used an old B&W Polaroid camera to take pictures as I broke it down. Numbered them and actually managed to put it back together! I put 120,000 miles on it. Only problem was the darn shifter fork would break too easily so had to replace it 4 times. Found the parts in an old junk yard here in Denver so bought every one the guy had. Sold it in 1968 for $250...not bad! Would love to have it back.

I know of a 1951 Anglia Prefect for sale in Virginia. Needs a lot of work but it is registered to drive. I t appears all there and restorable. email me if interested at yankdim@live.com

40

I have a 1948 Anglia show car for sale .lots of extras including a 24 volt look alike ride-on. Lots of spare parts CALL OR E-MAIL ME

I have a 1961 Thames for sale. Same drivetrain as 59 Anglia (100e). New tires brakes carb and fuel pump. Been a daily driver. Asking 7k for it . Please text me in South Carolina at 803 622 2714. Thank you David

10

I am looking for a Ford Anglia Estate 1960-1967 I am located in Florida email me at Tonka_1956@yahoo.com

20

I have a friend who is selling a 1959 clean runs and drives its a 1959 e100 Anglia