93 Fleetwood cooling system fault.

5

Asked by Jan 15, 2010 at 08:04 PM about the 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood

93 cadillac fleetwood, cooling fans not coming on fans do work as one comes on with the AC and if you disconnect the temp sender fans also come on.  Temp sender replaced new radiator cap and change antifreeze still the same problem........ any suggestions appreciated, Thanks

did you try the fan switch? its usaully above the thermistat.

5

Yep its had a new temp switch but still the fans dont work just boils over when you turn off the car. runs fine when the AC is on as the fan runs but i dont want the AC on all of the time as live in England fuel just over $8 a gallon!!! ( £5 )

10

you change everything except the thermostat..also you might want to check the water pump for worn out blades..

it sounds like a bad wire somewhere. get an ohm meter and check for continnuity.your system is ether a true caddy or a caprice. im not sure which one you have. check everywhere related to the fan. by the way i didnt know cattalacs made it to england.

just ot make sure, is the thermisat new?

just to make sure, correction to my last post

5

I will check with ohm meter and see whats goin on...the heaters are working so i should think thermisstat and pump ok or no hot air?

it sounds like a plan. let us know what you find out. i thought gas was high in states, but i didnt know it was $8 a gallon over there. that does suck.

835

I've been doing this for 60 yrs and never seen corroded blades in water pump . but I suppose it could happen. you have beside a temp gauge a fan relay. Have you put straight Bat+ to the non black lead on fan? If straight batt doesn't run fan you need new motor/ you don't state how many miles are on vech.

On my 94 we discovered that the overflow hose was just hanging down. could not figure where it went because it showed the remnants of a clamp. The system was not holding pressure also. We plugged the hose and the hoses pressured up and the car no longer overheats. I hope this will be of some help.