stop engine low pressure oil

Asked by Mar 03, 2016 at 09:32 AM about the 1994 Cadillac Seville

My fiance has recently purchased a 94 cadillac
seville sls. He was driving to work this morning
and STOP ENGINE.   LOW PRESSURE OIL showed.
Can anyone help as to why this would pop up and
how to fix the problems

115

Well, don't drive the car until oil pressure or lack of it is verified. You don't want to damage the engine. You probably need a new oil pump, but before doing that, have a mechanic hook up a gauge to check and verify the actual pressure. You might get lucky and need only a new sending unit, which is a dirt cheap repair compared to anything else. I have had to put both oil pumps and sending units in engines, and it seems to be about 50-50 on which repair is needed. I like cars with gauges, but of course you spend all that money and still only get idiot lights! Good luck.

405

Did he ck to make sure it had oil because once caddies go below 2 1/2 quarts you will get the sign if oil is good then I would agree with fredmac