Hi, my son just bought a 74 Plymouth Valiant for $1650. Is this a good price (see details)?

5

Asked by Feb 26, 2016 at 12:36 AM about the 1974 Plymouth Valiant

It has a 318 V8, body good, no dents, paint fading in spots, minor rust, interior above average, clean, cloth, no rips/tears. Good tires. Only thing we arent' sure is if the A/C works (and the seller was upfront about not knowing). Starts and runs ok, though loud and there is a bit of a ticking/knocking noise (that I don't remember from our test drive). I think my son is having buyer's remorse but understands some work will have to be done obviously with a car that old.  I just want to set his mind at ease that he did ok on the price?

254,235

A little on the high side, the guides price it around $1000-$1500 in the condition it is in. IMO.

5

Tom, thanks. When I looked in NADA it booked out at low retail at $1975. It's misfiring a bit, so looking at doing a tune-up....the mechanic said it looked like all original parts were still there.