what is the little hose that comes out of the front of the brake fluid reservoir on the 1994 deville for?

16,865

Asked by Apr 26, 2014 at 05:01 PM about the 1994 Cadillac DeVille

I am just wondering what it is, it does not come out of the master cylinder - it comes out of the reservoir and goes into a metal tube and disappears into the bowls of the engine compartment

69,325

Can you post a photo? -Jim

16,865

J im- I can barely figure out the typing and have no idea how to post a picture. It is just a hose that comes right out of the side of the plastic reservoir at the front of the reservoir,it joins a thin metal tube that heads straight down and I can't see where it goes to.

69,325

That's fine. I looked up your master cylinder on rockauto.com. There's 2 listings. One with the hose and one without. The one with, like yours, is for vehicles with traction control. Vehicles with traction control have the antilock brake system tied into the traction control. The two systems work together to help you maintain control if you go into a skid. So that's what the hose must be for. HTH. -Jim

Best Answer Mark helpful
16,865

Jim- THANKYOU ! I do not take my 1994 to a dealership for service and my guy didn't know what the hose did and it was bugging me to know.

69,325

You're welcome. Glad to help. Thank you for the best answer click! -Jim

16,865

You desire a best answer click - I didn't mention that not only my mechanic didn't know the answer but neither did about 5 other car guys and none of them went to the trouble of finding an answer. Now I can inform them so that they'll know what it is for and that might help out someone who is having a problem that might relate to this hose.

69,325

Wow, that's something. I'm very glad I could help. Yes, this info will definitely help you and others as well. -Jim