1964 valiant wagon

Asked by Feb 23, 2009 at 05:13 PM about the 1964 Plymouth Valiant

hi. can anyone out there tell me about my roof rack on my 64 wagon. i want to take it off to paint the car but i'm nervous because i don't know how it's being supported on the inside under the roof. i guess what i mean is if i take the screws out, will i find a problem when i go to put it back on? i'm afraid that there are nuts that will fall off when i take the screws out. or was the body made with the nuts attatched to the body so  this could be done? any help would be great. thanks

10

I have the same car with out the headliner in it and there are nuts on the inside.That are not attached to the car so thay will fall down if you loosing the hex bolts on the rack.I'm not sure if thay are factory or someone put them on.