1962 valiant signet 200

Asked by May 19, 2016 at 08:49 PM about the 1962 Plymouth Valiant

Will a signet 200 body fit any newer model
frames with newer drive train and braking

87,025

With a lot of work you can put any body on a frame that has the same wheelbase, I saw a Valiant 4X4 once many years age and just recently a Camaro 4X4.

Car was just given to me by my dad. Not sure of the wheel base as I have not gotten it home. Not crazy about the slant six that needs work and the drum brakes.

87,025

I drove a 64 back in my high school days, 6 cylinder with a 3 speed on the floor, do it just right and it would really smoke the right rear tire, limited slip just wasn't part of the way things were done back then, but stopping was good even with the drum brakes, the only draw back is if you held it wide open for more than 30 seconds the throttle linkage would drop out of the carb and it would stay wide open, finally fixed it by drilling a small hole in the end and put a flat washer and a cotter pin in it, and it held together. Actually a fun little car and easy to work on.