WHAT IS THIS PARTS CALL ?

Asked by Mar 08, 2013 at 10:36 AM about the 1995 Mazda 323

I have no idea this part call.
This made my car having a low idle when turning AC

looks like a solenoid, possibly mal-adjusted, as RPMs are supposed to increase to compensate for the load of the A/C.

70,315

This is an idle speed up solenoid. If I'm looking at the photo correctly you're missing a vacuum hose. I believe the way it works is when you switch on the air conditioning that solenoid is energized. Then vacuum is fed to the distributor to advance ignition timing and increase your idle speed to compensate for the added load of the A/C compressor. With a missing vacuum hose each time the solenoid opens you're creating a vacuum leak. That's probably why your idle speed drops instead of increasing. HTH. -Jim

Yeap, one of the hose are broken at the connecting part. Thanks!

70,315

You're welcome.