automatic trans squeeling at high revs

herold94
0

Asked by Jun 09, 2010 at 09:35 PM about the 1951 Studebaker Commander

Squeeling high pitched noise when at high revs. Noticeable when auto downshits to 2nd while passing.

64daytonaht
25

Could be pressure regulator. Vehicle continues to drive well? Will it make the whinning noise while not moving, either in park, or drive? Any slippage while driving? Plusating? Have you drained fluid and checked pan for debri, shavings, gunk? When is the last time you had the transmission serviced and adjusted? Bo

herold94
0

The noise was coming from an exhaust extender . The exhaust gas going through the device created a squeeling noise whenever the engine hit high revs. I removed the inner baffel and problem solved.