My 98 catera is leaking water.

Asked by Oct 11, 2007 at 09:58 PM about the 1998 Cadillac Catera

For two weeks no visible leaks could be found, but the radiator resivor was going down about a pint per day. Recently, when I stopped, water would drip from the front right side of the radiator area. I check the hoses and all appeared well. Today water was pouring out of the same area when I parked after about a 15 min. drive- it lost about 1 gal. of fluid. But about a half  hour later after a similar drive no leaks were detected. The water dash guage has never indicated excessive temperature. Is it likely a water pump or a crack in the radiator? The car has 68,000 miles. What is it likely to cost to replace each? Thanks.

45

check to see if it is comeing out of the radiator over flow. If it is, it's very likely that yourer engine is overheating, causeing the water to boile out. How full is the resivor? there is marked lines on it for the watter level durring normal (hot) operation, and when the engine is cold. If all checks out there, you could have a cracked/leaking lower hose, or a cracked radiator. Prices vary wherever you go.