Car ran out of gas. Fuel injected. Very cold out cant get it started

10

Asked by Feb 08, 2014 at 04:02 PM about the 1999 Cadillac Seville

2,245

You can cycle the ignition key to bring fuel to the motor. That is turn the key to the on position (not run), listen for a hum (electric fuel pump), when it ends turn it off. Wait 5 seconds, turn the key back to the run position, and repeat this five times. If this doesn't work, then you have a different problem

10

That didnt work do u know anything else I can try. Helpless in montana

2,245

Sometimes when the fuel gets low the pump will pick up junk that settles in the bottom of the tank and either clog the fuel filter or burn out the fuel pump. Believe it or not I have heard that if you bang hard on the gas tank dead center sometimes a stuck fuel pump will kick in. If you have someone that could turn the key to the on position at the same time you bang on the tank it could'nt hurt to try. Just don't puncture the tank. Good Luck.

10

I can hear the pump turn on. Whereis the fuel filter

2,245

I would 1st. look for any trouble codes before replacing the fuel filter, but the fuel filter is up on the inside surface of the body rail under the driver's side rear door. One hex and one quick connect fitting. Use this link to learn how to get trouble codes from your dash boards computer. http://caddyinfo.com/readingcodes.html At the bottom of page you will see another link to see what the trouble codes mean.

10

Is there a automatic shutoff or kill switch

10

I ran my 2002 pls out of gas. Filled it up and now it wont start. Replaced fuel filter and it still won't start