I installed another engine . engine light dont go of and engine sputter on low speed

20

Asked by Oct 23, 2012 at 08:16 AM about the 2006 Tata Indica

Tata Indigo lsi 2006 model

20

Hi DavidH25. I bought the car from an old lady. The car was not in use for between four, five months. What happened is the waterpipe at the back of the engine burst and the engine overheated. I bought an engine which done around twenty five thousand km. I used my old fuelinjection unit timing belt etc. The engine is running one hundrerd. When driving slowly the engine stutter and then going again. When crusing there is no problem. Also the check engine light stay on.

I did some reading on the Tata, completely unfamiliar with that car, that's why i just deleted my first post. It is the first car entirely designed and built in India by Tata Motor Co. I was not paying attention to what vehicle it is when I saw your question, my mistake.I wish I could help you, but there a a couple things going on, I am 100% ignorant about the even most rudimentary mechanics of the vehicle, and according to one source it was reverse engineered and allegedly now in litigation for design patents for some components. I need to stay away fro this one, sorry, and good luck and best wishes.

20

Thanks DavidH25