Check Engine lights never goes off!

Asked by May 19, 2009 at 01:56 AM about the 2006 Tata Indica

Hi There,
I own a Hyundai Accent(2004) & a Tata Indigo GSX [Petrol(2006 model)] .

Accent is superb but  for last 6-8months my Indigo  has just given me trouble. I had leakage in the coolant pipe so i had to get it replaced.Worst thing that happened was that i was driving at 90 kmph and my cars brakes failed.I somehow managed to use the handbrake and stop the car....
And to add insult to injury,The "CHECK ENGINE" light never goes off now and i cant take the car even till 80kmph.Got it checked at Balaji Motors in Thane & they have told me that out of 4 cylinders,onlky 3 are currently working.Estimate is of 40k.
Am stuck with this damn thing  that hey call Car.

And its irony that i am the Brand Manager of BBC TopGear Magazine,India.

Aakash Mishra
9820337690

100

Hi There I own a tata indica lsi(2006 model) I am also having a problem with my car and they are simply refusing to fix my car under warrenty.Their customer service is the worst I have ever seen. Never buy a tata .That is the only sollution.

30

if your one cylinder is not working that means that cylinder is not getting any spart after the compression stroke.first of all u have to find out what cylinder number is not working.then if u have a distributor type setup on ur car follow the wire that goes from that distributor to that faulty cylinder.pull that wire out of the cylinder.look for any obvious damage on that wire like cuts or burns.if it looks good next test if that wire has a spark.get a screwdriver insert that in the wire partially and take that screwdriver close to a metal by the engine and then have somebody inside the car to crank the engine.make sure u dont touch the metal part of the screwdriver.if it does not have a spart then ur distributor cap is faulty.

110

hi there i have a questinon . I have a tata indica 1.4 tdi dlx but it have some problems to. when i start the car the check engine flashes, some times it turns of but most cases when i drive normaly and hit the gas pedal more and more the check engine it shows again and the speed mesaure goes up and down, it shows faster kmh that i am driving. F**K this car