car doesnt move on drive until u floor it, why?

45

Asked by Sep 11, 2007 at 12:48 AM about the 1999 Cadillac Catera

the car doesnt move on drive until u hit a certain amount of rpms....then the "s" somes out and the car drives, but when i break it takes long to take off..

43,965

Sounds like there is a problem with the transmission, possibly in the valve body. Fluid is not actuating the proper valves at the right pressure, and is instead flowing past them until you reach a certain RPM and fluid pressure builds up enough to make them go. Have transmission pressure and pump output checked by a dealership or mechanic you trust. Also have the operation of the solenoids in the valve body checked as well.

I've had that same problem. The S isnt for sport mode. There is an S for sport mode but this S is surrounded byy a spiky circle hmm?? I don't really know what the reason for it is but I do know that if you dont warm your car up, for at least two minutes, it does that ;). Well, at least it does for my car.