I connected my car battery in the wrong way in my toyota carina 1.6. Now my engine dose start but it lacks performance and i think battery is not charging the A/C dosen't work and shutters dont

Asked by Aug 27, 2015 at 08:22 AM about the 1999 Toyota Carina

Shutters, rpm meter and stereo
systems aint work at all.

20,020

Check for a blown ( ETCS ) fuse. Electronic Throttle Control System

20,020

Should be in the fuse box under the hood.

The 1.6L 4A FE in a 1999 Carina, does not have an ETCS It has a throttle cable, no fuse for that. When polarity is crossed there is a diode in the alternator that will blow, So you are probably right, your alternator is not charging

20,020

Thank You for the correction FordNut. Hard to keep up with everything on the changes they make on vehicles.

How true. the first ETCS was 2001 in that particular car