car problem

Asked by May 14, 2016 at 11:25 PM about the 2001 Cadillac DeVille

Me and my husband just got a caddilac
deville it was raining and we went through a
puddle and it shut off we checked the oil
and it had water but all lights came on still
and we took all the oil out right away were
letting it dry but is that the end of the car???

5,445

one might drain the contaminated oil...and do a compression test...to see if there is leakage...then have a replacement put in there...from a junkyard car-part.com will get you a used one....heads, block...etc...if needed...but running without oil until a cracked block happens sounds pretty bad~

4,815

That must have been a pretty deep "puddle" for you to get water in your oil. It would have to have been high enough to enter through the intake manifold. If that is all that was done, draining the oil was a good thing to do. Just put new oil in and see if it will come back to life. I suspect that the water you found in the oil may not have come from the puddle incident and it was already in there from a prior defect. The puddle probably just shorted the electrical system causing it to stall.