i recently replaced my starter an battery because the battery was shot and i thought the starter was as well now i have an electrical issue an have no clue whats goin on my horn just blares on

5

Asked by Jul 13, 2013 at 05:14 AM about the 2001 Cadillac Catera

i recently replaced my starter an battery because the battery was shot and i thought the starter was as well now i have an electrical issue an have no clue whats goin on my horn just blares on an trunk pops as soon as batteries hooked up an the headlights stay on taillights and all interior lights its my dyeing grandpas car an I just want to get her running again id really appreciate any help thank you

60

Was it running before battery went down or has it been sitting awhile?

79,125

Check the wiring at the starter. Sounds like when you changed the starter a wire either got hooked up wrong or is mispositioned and touching something metal. HTH. -Jim

Best Answer Mark helpful
5

it was sitting for a little over a year ill check the starter again I really appreciate the help

215

caddy is famous for electrical problems, hopefully you hooked up the starter with the battery disconnected.