i have a 2003 cadillac deville, what direction is the cooling fans sopposed to run

Asked by Mar 21, 2016 at 09:03 PM about the 2003 Cadillac DeVille

mine are pushing air out the front grill instead of pulling air in, is this normal

100,525

No they are suppose to be pullers not pushers, either the motor is wired wrong or possibly someone put the fan on backwards, but I don't think that is possible with a factory fans. Are they after market fans?

I'm not sure if they are aftermarket fans or not but I will trace the wires down tonight, thanks for the info, I will update later, do you have any other possibility

100,525

No not really, a DC motor is designed to run both CW and CCW depending on polarity, but they are starting to make some that are designed to run only one direction especially aftermarket fans, on those the fan can be reversed to change direction. Those motors will have an arrow printed on them showing direction of rotation. That is why the question about aftermarket fans.

They don't seem to be after market, I can't find any arrows and they have some rust on them also, now my question is what would make them run backwards? I'm lost on this

100,525

Did you find any wiring repairs on the fans circuits? The polarity just doesn't change once it is wired in, some one has to change it.

I will let you know, I am going to try and find a wiring diagram and chace it all and I will let you know what I find, thanks for talking with me about it