High RPM problems with my Cadillac

Asked by Mar 19, 2013 at 08:27 PM about the 2003 Cadillac DeVille

My cadillac deville is having engine problems. It was having trouble starting (I would have to hold
down the gas pedal and keep the engine idling so it would stay on and not stall out). I took it to a
mechanic and it decided to work fine for him, but he said he cleaned out the throttle body and reset
a few computer codes. After I got it back, I noticed the car seems to jump when I slow down and the
car shifts into 1st gear, but it happens at random. Over the last few days though, the engine has been
idling at higher and higher RPMs, usually above 1000 when I'm stopped. Today, I was driving back
from work, and on the highway it was staying close to 3000. What is wrong? What can I do to fix it?
Can I take it back to the mechanic and have it fixed? Because it wasn't running this bad before he
worked on it.

195

What codes were they? High idle is often caused by an intake leak.

580

ive changed the tps sensor and the mass airflow sensor on my deville i had the problem of high idle after i changed them after 50 some miles it stopped i was told it has to cycle for the computer to accept the sensor being that he probly unhooked the mass air flow sensor and tps to remove throttle body to clean most likley thats ur problem unless he sprayed cleaner on the mass af sensor if not using the right kind could ruin it causing same problem

20

caddi 02 check the plenum its part rubber part metal device between intake manifold and throttle body

Hi, my 2002 Deville has been running great however I noticed the other night while stopped at a red light my head lights would dim and go back to normal and continue the process. Also, the engine idle would slightly race and slow. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you!!!

I have a 2976 Cadillac Eldorado co veritable, it's revi g way to high, how can I adjust this ?