my cadillac srx wont start i replaced the ignition switch and still wont start

Asked by Sep 09, 2016 at 02:45 PM about the 2004 Cadillac SRX

Up Front

Well. Is the security light flashing when you turn the key to the run position and let it sit if it is then you need to relearn the key to car. You a lot of times have to do this when you replace the ignition switch

yeah it is but it did it before I replaced ignition switch .

Up Front

Ok well you need to start my learning the key to your car

What UP is saying is you need to program the key to the ignition/car for it start. There is a procedure to do so, but with new keys a mechanic, locksmith or the dealership will have the proper programing equipment to do so.

Up Front

This is how you can program the key to your car 1. Put key in and turn to the run position. Notice the security light flashing. Leave it in the run position until the security light stops flashing. This can take up to 15 minutes. 2 when the light stops flashing turn the key off and wait a couple of seconds and then turn the key back to the run position. The security light will flash again. Leave it in the run position until again it stops flashing. This may again take up to 15 minutes. 3 when the security light stops flashing then again turn it to off position and wait a couple of seconds and then once more turn or to the run position. Again the security light will flash and wait again til it stops. ( so three time you will turn the key to the on position and wait til it stops flash). NOW then turn the key to the off position and wait a couple of seconds. The 4th time turning it to the on NOW try to start the car. If you have done this procedure correctly the car should start I hope this helps and it works for you. The other way to program the key to your call involves a factory scanner and this machine is big bucks so if you mess it up. I recommend you try this a couple of time before having your car towed to the dealer. *** you may want to hook up a battery charger to the battery while you are doing this. It the battery gets to low on voltage. This will not work. Again if the battery voltage gets to low. This will not work!!!!!!!!! Hope this helps. It always works for me