2004 Cadillac Escalade - fuse for cigarette lighter

25

Asked by Feb 24, 2008 at 06:25 PM about the 2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV

I think I blew the fuse for the cigarette lighter in the front/center console.  I have checked the owner's manual but can't determine where the fuse is.  I presume it should be in teh fuse panel on the driver's side of the dash board, but can't seem to locate it.  Any thoughts are appreciated.  

43,565

Probably the fusible link in-line behind the cigarette lighter itself is blown. This will require removing the cig. lighter socket.

20

I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE AND YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE CONSOLE APART FROM THE REAR, I STILL CAN'T GET THE LIGHTER OUT OF THE HOLE. THE WIRING WORKS AT THE PLUG. GOOD LUCK.

50

I have a 2005 Esv Plantinum..... The 3 cigarette lighter adapters that are in the center console all no longer work. The one by the cupholder, the one inside the center console, and the one above the controls for the second row a/c. BUT....The one in the back works perfectly by the back door in the cargo area. The 20amp fuse according to the owners manual on the side of the dash is fine. I pull it and the cargo area adapter stops working, throw it back in and it works fine. I checked the underhood box which I think suggests the BEC2 fuse or something to that effect, which is a 50 amp fuse seems fine, as the manual says it controls the left side door and other stuff, and all of those controls work. Any ideas as to what's wrong? Are there hidden fuses somewhere I am not aware of? Will I end up having to take the console apart? How do I take that apart in a way to not destroy it without having to take back to Caddy dealer to pay $500 for a $2 part? Thanks!

35

I found the cigarette lighter itself has some sort of factry defect. The wire behind the lighter is fine, but after the lighter is a no no. I take it off by removing the center console, and replace the cigarette lighter with the one I bought from store for five dollars. IT IS NOT FUSE PRBLEM.

110

you need to open your hood. On the left side meaning the driver side you will see a fuse box. you will see a cover with a battery and a lightning bolt on it. Open it. once it is open on the right side closest to you on the bottom you will see 3 fuses right under a big Delphi fuse. you will see three blue 15 amp fuses. there's two on the bottom and one centered on the top of the two. Pull the top one off that is your lighter fuse that is the one that is burned out. while you're at it you might as well check the rest of your fuses. I hope I was helpful with this problem.

Rigoberto is the Man! Spot on diagnosis. Thank you very much! (2013 Escalade).