Toyota Clutch issues

Asked by Dec 23, 2013 at 06:23 PM about the 1994 Toyota Hiace

Car specification:
Toyota Hiace commuter van, manual, 2.8 litre deisel, 1994 model

Recently, my manual van's been playing up. I couldn't shift gear whilst engine is on and when reversing, it makes grinding noise.However, if i wanted to shift between gears i have to turn off engine to do so then turn engine back on. Therefore the van can only be on one gear at a time and if i wanted to switch to the second gear or third, i have to turn the engine off again.

I check both master and slave cylinder which had no leaks and clutch fluid is fine, so its the transmission the last thing i haven't yet to check. By the way, both master and slave cylinder is only 1 years old as well as the clutch disc and throw up bearing seems to work fine.
Any solution to this would be very much appreciated. thx in advance.

take a look at the transmission mounts by placing a woodblock and jack under that to see if the rubber is still holding proper or is turning to dust (which may happen with high-mileage mounts)~ dangit~this model is REALhard to pin the tail-on-the donkey~ anyways, take a look at the mount...get one from your parts counter if bad~