I brought a 2006 sts4 one and a half years ago from CarMax in Woodbridge, Va in a three week period I had to replace the rocker arm, the throttle body box and now both timing belts. The problem was t

10

Asked by Jun 29, 2013 at 07:19 PM about the 2006 Cadillac STS

28,495

you shouldn't have bought a Cadillac.

23,225

wow- if only everyone could read this and learn before they buy a used car from a used car dealer- how many times a day does this happen?! other than being a learning experience, your plea (help me now) is deserving of mercy- you must not keep bleeding for this car- get rid of it while it's still running- the question is, how? MAYBE you can take it back to Carmax and demand satisfaction- MAYBE they would let you drive out with another car- MAYBE if they don't,there is a state lemon law or a report to the attorney general- MAYBE you can get the value of what you spent by trading it in on a brand new car- (not used, isn't that how you got into this in the first place?) don't take it personally, the car game hits all of us, even gurus, nobody rides for free- the trick is, how to afford to ride in style, with a faithful and proud horse- Roy Rogers, where are you! we miss you and Trigger

10

I am still working with CarMax, but they are not going to do anything. I never though to write to the Attorney General. I will write and send it out. I will be giving the car back to the finance company.

23,225

This sounds like a logical and healing course of action- personally, I would never make payments- but for a lot of people with jobs, a new car makes sense- I just sold my '85 Mazda RX7- (which I got for free and had an engine installed for $1200) and bought a '78 Thunderbird from a little old man- it looks like brand new and runs like it too! $1200- that's how THIS guru plays the game- best of luck to you!

10

nice car but now my credit is crashed.

23,225

i know that hurts- but what could you do- why i suggested the trade in on a new car- but there are millions of Americans who have had to let their credit go over the last five years- it is not the disgrace that it used to be viewed as- i myself have no credit rating, and have not tried to rebuild one- I get by just fine with a debit card and cash- and unless a person is going to try to finance a house, credit cards and credit purchases are unnecessary- they just FATTEN UP THE BANKS- I know this doesn't help you to feel better right now- I just wan't you to realize you are not alone- not by a million

10

yea you are right still have my house and my 1998 Mercedes it has a head gasket problem but I guess I will have to fix it so I can get back and forth to work since no busses run that way. I am still going to write to 7 on your side, bbb, state lemon law, consumer protection board and cc CarMax.