Oxygen relief forcing oil out and not into the oil pan

Asked by Sep 04, 2013 at 01:31 PM about the 2007 Chevrolet Optra

Oil leaks on the ground...replaced oil seal and rocker cover gasket but oil still leaks out.
mechanic now claims that the oxygen release is forcing oil out and not into the oil pan.  What do I do next?

Never heard of 'Oxygen release' on any car. There is PCV Positive Crankcase Ventilation, which pulls air from (usually) valve cover back in to intake to be re burned, the vacuum sucks air from crankcase, if that is bad, in theory, pressure from piston ring blow~ by could create pressure in crankcase. But have any of you guys ever hear of 02 release?

There is also EGR, Exhaust Gas Recirculation, maybe that is what he means but still confused here, a failed EGR Valve and forcing oil out? Is the oil leak still coming from valve covers? Or where?

Russ Dunne

Positive Crankcase Vent is plugged will cause crank case pressure to vent usually through a gasket, excessive pressure also means "blow by" in one or more cyliinders, whats the mileage on the engine?