Car thud then looses power, engine light on

Asked by May 27, 2013 at 05:26 PM about the 2007 Chevrolet Optra

Twice in the past month I changed gears from drive or park to reverse and the car thuds,
engine light comes on and car looses acceleration power. After shutting the car off and
back on acceleration is back to normal. After a day or two engine light goes off.
Diagnostics was run and rec'd P0496, P0700 and B20D9 codes. I found the first 2 codes
but can't find what the last code means. Please `help

27,865

I cannot find it are you sure that is the right code?

yes.. apparently its for the dealer only. the tech i was talking to said they couldnt see a description at all either

96,845

I believe that last code is referring to the engine type. Is it an eco engine made by Saab?

30

The exact same thing happened to me. The solution was $400 transmission range switch, however I have only had it back for 3 days. It seems alright but I had different codes.