OIL PUMP Light is always ON - Please help

Asked by Sep 23, 2013 at 02:26 PM about the 2006 Chevrolet Optra

I live in Saudi Arabia. I bought my car in 10,000 Riyals. After buying it, I wasted a lot of
money more than 15000 Riyals. I changed my engine completely new.... Still there is light
for OIL PUMP after it get little heat. I dont know what to do. I am very depressed.. I dont
have money to buy new car... Please help me. Please.

junaid_hassan, I am sorry to hear you are having this concern. Please contact your GM Customer Care at 9714-314-3408. Erica Tiffany GM Customer Care

Riccardo Bartolomeo

those cars are JUNK

Hi there the same thing happened to me, the problem is caused by on of the following: 1. the crank bearings are worn out that causes the engine oil to leak from them and cause the pressure drop (now we are assuming that the oil pressure sensor is working fine) 2. the crank is defected, i.e worn out in the areas where the main bearings are seated and thus must be replaced with a new also the crank bearing must be changed with the same time also check the engine oil type that you are using because it is probably cased the damage to your engine hope i helped