2005 chevrolet optra CD player giving me and error code

10

Asked by May 30, 2013 at 01:14 PM about the 2005 Chevrolet Optra

PLEASE HELP!!!! my chevy optra's CD player gives my an error 7 code everytime i put in
a CD. how can I fix this?

Are your CD's fresh? Does it do this when you select radio? think that your CD's are less than perfect and the CD player is gettin' on in the years and simply not being co-operative anymore~ get a new player.

I've actually had success putting the narrow sucking tool on the shop- vac and sucking out any crud, donut pieces, hair...dendrites on out of there and "re-newed" the one Nissan player I put in the Toyota after it was ripped out by thieves...this one is old and clunky and no one would want to steal it...got a pensive pioneer what had a bunch of menus to take your eyes off the road...and ridiculous beep-beep pushbutton volume....I was GLAD when that one got stolen~ keep 'em alive as long as possible...the shop vac could be your ticket to success~

10

ill try that. I just bought the car yesterday and decided to put a CD in and it played for about 20 seconds then the error code came up. i figured it might be the eye that was messed up but it just might be that its all kinds of nasty in the player its self. ill give it a try. thanks a bunch