can't fill my gas tank it keeps stopping

Asked by May 24, 2011 at 12:06 PM about the 2005 Chevrolet Optra

need to know what the problem is can't fill at the pump but if i use a cherry can the gas gos in ok

40

I believe I am having the same trouble...I have a malibu and when I try to pump gas in, it stops after a few cents as if it is full. I see you posted in May....did you ever find out what the problem was/is? If not, what is a cherry can?

I had this problem at the pump too. Ended being a spider web clogging the air intake part of the fuel system. Costly to clean it at the dealer!