Stereo removal

Asked by Sep 19, 2009 at 07:26 PM about the 2005 Chevrolet Optra

I need help with removing the stereo on my daughter's 2005 Optra wagon, The stereo/radio does not work at all but I don't know how to remove the dash panel that holds it to replace the unit.

50

Wish I knew, all I can say, after three years, my radio in my 2006 Optra wagon stopped working. It got replaced just before that part of the warranty expired. But,that replacement radio has just stopped working after some eight months and now I'm shit out of luck. I'm still making payments on this car and don't have a working radio. I could either go to a dump site and pick up a radio from a 50 year old rusted vehicle or spend $250 for a basic radio/cd player.

250

Using a dull kitchen knife, stick it on a any side of a silver part and dash board and try to pry toward to middle radio side from one and then from other till you hear click because it has 2 catchers from each side, when you disattach a silver panel with all staff on the buttom(AC and vent ) still connected. Push down top vents to get them with attached silver plate and pry it to create about 2inches separation from dashboard. then using screwdriver unscrew 4 holding bolts and see what you going to do next....

all Chevy Optra radio code is 5241