Where is the map sensor located in a 2004 chev optra?

40

Asked by May 25, 2013 at 11:23 AM about the 2004 Chevrolet Optra

228,685

The MAP sensor is usually located on the driver side firewall in the engine compartment. Let us know if you find it, should have an electrical plug on the end and easy to find if you already have the new part.

40

Can't find it there. Someone suggested attached to the intake manifold, behind the throttle body...Hmmm.

That might be the MAF, or Mass Air Flow, that is in line on intake. MAP is Manifold Absolute Pressure, a different animal

MAF is something like this

MAP is something like this

40

2nd one is the one we needed to find-got it off-it really was attached to the intake manifold-and really hard to get at...Thanks for all your help.

I am not disputing Tom. And those are not specific to your car, the only ones with images for your car are copyrighted and I can't post them

40

Tis ok I google image of the Map sensor for our specific car, very similar to yer second pic-and got the right part out-

228,685

Great!