sudden acceleration/ sticky accelerator

20

Asked by Oct 02, 2010 at 06:58 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet Optra

i was just in an accident with my 2004 optra. i was driving on a stone road and when i put on the accelerator a little bit it floored it and when i slammed on the brakes it would not stop because the accelerator stuck and when i finnally came to a stop thanks to a parked car the wheels did not stop turning and because i was on a stone road that was under construction my tire just dug into the ground until i turned the car off.

8,580

When the throttle sticks all you have to do is put it in neutral, apply the brakes, and shut it off.

dont turn the key all the way off then you lock the wheel and makes your brakes manual if it sticks try contacting the manufacturer to see if there has been any recalls for sticky throttle.

I would check to see if something got under the throttle to see if it caused it to not decelerate,or check the gas peadle to see if it hung on something.