2004 geo optra cock

Asked by Jun 30, 2010 at 09:08 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet Optra

I have a 2004 geo optra, the clock sometimes works and other times it doesent, driving me crazy.  Any suggestions.

thanks

i have the same problem with mine, did you figure it out yet?

20

Hello, I'm not sure if it's the same problem or not. I just looked at my friends 2004 Chevy Optra last night for the same problem. At this time, the clock was not working. I removed the bezel, removed the 2 screws holding the clock, unplugged the connector and tested the connector. The ground was there, battery for memory, and switched ignition all worked fine, so I knew this wasn't the problem. I opened the clock up (4 plastic tabs) and pulled the circuit board out. The board with the connector on it has a series of 5 diodes on the one end. With the clock connector plugged in and the board in my hands, as I would push on the second one (in my case), the clock would light up. I attempted resoldering assuming a broken solder joint but no luck. I ended up resoldering a new 1N4001 diode (I have a bunch handy - can get them at a radio shack, ebay, etc) and soldered the new one in. So far it seems good. I'm not sure if it's the same problem, but it sounds like it. On this car, it did the exact same thing. Sometimes the clock would work, others it wouldn't. Hope this helps.