clutch repair

Asked by Mar 04, 2010 at 08:24 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet Optra

clutch just suddenly failed....pedal to the floor, no pressure....shifter stuck in neutral...no burning smell or previous problems with clutch....fluids good.....190k

20

Have you been able to fix the problem yet. I have a 2004 optra with the exact same problem. I have already spent $400 on this with two mechanics and the problem has not gone away. John. my email is john@happyfacemarketing.com

10

I was facing same problem and had to go for the Clutch overhaul as Odo reading was close to 1 Lac .. Master Cylinder/Clutch Bearing assembly with Slave cylinder and Clutch plates along with the pressure plates of course.. Not sure if this was unnecessary ! But its smooth now, though the pressure is not as it was in the earlier one.. not sure if its good or bad :-(

10

Sorry for late reply .. you can share your observations though ..