Optra engine

Asked by Jun 29, 2009 at 08:06 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet Optra

Guys, question. MY opytra 2004 produces a somewhat loud clanking noise when i start the car after not using it for like 3-4 days. After leaving the car idling for like 10-15 minutes, the noise is gone. Can anyone enlighten me with this?

thanks.

55

overhead cam? I cant remember, if not it's just the lifters , once the engine warms up, and the oil gets calculating the lifters fill back up with oil, and that is when the noise stops

thanks sir. Do you think this is normal or does not affect the engine in anyway? thanks

I have the same issue with my 2005. The problem is worse in cooler weather and has become more persistent as of late (both in its frequency and longevity). I've had it serviced at a dealer and they replaced the plastic timing belt cover because it appeared warped and added some additive to the oil for what they described as lifter noise. The problem persists and I believe it to be related to the timing belt assembly, possibly in an idler or if there's a timing advance mechanism. Anyone else have this issue and have had it resolved? My 2005 Optra has about 65,000 km on it and this has been the only issue we've had with this great little car.