Sputters when I get up speed or go uphill, what could cause it?

25

Asked by Jan 31, 2015 at 09:43 AM about the 1979 FIAT 124 Spider

I just got my car back from the mechanic and as soon as I got on the interstate and
got to around 60mph it started to sputter and slow down. It never stalled completely
but it kept getting slower and slower. Then it was like it caught, the engine made a
clunk sound, and jerked forward then stared driving fine. I thought there was just some
old fuel in the lines but it kept on doing it all the way home. Also it did it more on uphill
or level ground than on an incline.

10

Hi, I had the same issues and it was getting worst. My mechanic looked and checked everything on ignition / Electrical parts and to fix it: - All Ground in your tuck have to be solid - Catalytic Convector needed to be changed -A-