Sun-faded paintwork

35

Asked by Jan 09, 2009 at 09:01 PM about the 1997 Vauxhall Calibra

Anybody got any clues how to restore my paintwork on the front wings, back to the original Flame Red? Whoever had the car before me, mustve left it i direct sunlight on the drivers side, as the paint has faded down to a horrible pinkish colour, and it just looks awful!
If there are any cheap ways to do it, don't bother, as i've tried most of them including buffing down with T-Cut etc and it aint worked!

Cheers

55

if you want a quick fix then johnsons bay oil. (not a joke) Or what i did with mine is PEEK metal polish, removes oxydisation, then a couple of coats of proshine polish. For results check out my calibra. cheers steve