can i put 31" tires on my 84 S15 jimmy without rub?

Asked by Feb 16, 2010 at 09:33 PM about the 1984 GMC Jimmy

can i fit 31" tires on my stock 84 S15 jimmy without rub?if not,how big can i go?

if you do 31s, you will definitely get rub, especially when you turn corners. you could try putting ZR2 fenders w/the flares so you have more clearance. i've got 31s on my S10 but i had to get ZR2 fenders and the bed to do that.

135

on my 97 jimmy i put 31-10.5 on they rub in turns but not to bad. if i was to put a wheel spacer on they would not rub at all. and i put a 20 doller shalkel kit in the back to give me a 4'' lift. but it can be done. go get off set rims and you wont need the spacers the. and it looks cool with the tires sticking out lol

Hi I have an '86 S15, I run 31's. I did a 3" Trailmaster body kit and the 2 1/2" Superlift suspension kit. The tires were good except on the front. Turning they hit the frame rails when maxed out. I welded a 1/2" x 1/2" piece onto the bump stops. It limited the turning radius but not enough to be a problem. Once in a while on the trails they will still hit. Wheel spacers would do the trick or dump the factory rims for something with a shorter backset. I'm looking at 33's in the near future. Will have to do some fender trimming and add spacers for sure. Trying to find the old bushwhacker fender flares but they do not make the rear flares anymore.