Truck won't start has spark and cranks.

30

Asked by Jan 10, 2015 at 02:37 PM about the 1980 Ford F-100

My 1980 ford 100 truck will not start. I have replaced wires, plugs, distributor, cap, rotor
button, ignition coil, ignition module, battery, starter, starter cylinoid, and fuel pump. It will
crank but wont start, it has spark. what could it be?

115,195

How old is the gas? Plug wires on correctly? How long has truck sit not running?

30

It sat for a little over a month with half a tank. All plugs and wires are right, they were replaced about 2 months prior to problem as well. It started about a week ago and ran for about 20 minutes spitting and sputtering.

115,195

Possibly bad gas.

30

I will try draining what's left and put new in. I will let you know. Thanks.

I'm leaning to water in the gas also. Try pouring a teaspoon of gas in the carb and see if it starts for a few seconds

115,195

when you add good gas remember to undo fuel line at engine and allow fuel pump to pump all bad gas out of the line. Do this till you smell good fresh gas coming out. Make sure to catch the gas and not get it all over the engine

115,195

Good evening fordnut

Back at ya dandy. And Zack, please pay attention to what he said, if gas gets everywhere allow it to evaporate first, don't want a fire

30

Ok guys I got it running but now when it gets put into gear it shuts off. The previous problem was it was 180 out on timing.

5

I'm having a similar problem

I've been trying to get my 2004 150. 5.4 running .I have changed fuel filter. Cleaned all 8 injecters .put good gas in it .flushed out lines. My answer is this we all have a Ford... fix or repair daily we heard this saying when we were 10 years now we know what it means I'm Chevy man going back to that I don't think I will ever get this truck cranked.