can i use a front slump oil pan on a 1977 302 motor

Asked by Mar 21, 2017 at 08:22 PM about the 1977 Ford F-100

I have a 1977 f100 302 motor rear slump oil pan I need to replace can I use a ford 302 front slump custom oil pan on my truck will the front slump Clare frame support

If your truck engine has the rear sump oil pan on it now, then no you wouldn't be able to.

why do so many auto parts dealers say the front slump will fit

* sump

If the cross member runs under the front of the engine, its going to hit. You should be able to tell if you look closely. I don't think it will but I could be wrong, they designed those for a reason, because of clearance. The front of the engine would have to have clearance under it for that forward sump to work. I think the cross member would have a U shape facing back.

Let me do some checking, nothing going on at the moment anyway.

I should have check clearance before I jack it up I keep seeing certain places lie amazon saying it will fit if I could l get some info. on the clearance between oil pan and the support it would be helpful thanks a lot for your time

The sump will not fit over the cross member, it would fit in front of it. There is no clearance so to speed from the cross member to the bottom of the oil pan. The sump has to be forwards or back.

Best Answer Mark helpful

thank a lot