1973 F100 360 fuel starvation problem.

Asked by Jun 26, 2014 at 08:34 PM about the 1973 Ford F-100

Idles just fine, but when I first give it gas, it experiences fuel starvation...I have to flutter the gas to get past this.  The it runs out fine, however, at cruising speed, I can feel that rough fuel starvation as I ease on the gas.  It has the original two barrel with oil bath filter.  Could it be carburetor or fuel pump?

Sounds like the accelerator pump, in the carburetor isn't working correctly. To check this, with the engine off, look down the barrel of the carburetor and open the throttle by hand. You should see gas squirt down in there. If not, accelerator pump is bad. HTH. -Jim