Wish this mystery was history!

Asked by Nov 25, 2017 at 11:18 AM about the 1972 Ford F-100

1972 Ford f100 starts fine, idles fine for 8
minutes then turns off ( like the key was
turned off, not sputtering), originally the
truck would restart but now difficult. Next
day it would start fine.

135

let me ask you a few questions. there are no blown fuses under dash?its been along time since I had my f100 (I miss so much) there is a fuseable link which will look like a long ceramic piece about 2-3" in length about 1/2" wide. has electrical connectors one on each end. it is mounted to fire wall with couple of screws. replace it. there is another fuse although it doesn't look like a fuse. its actually a resistance wire that goes to the ignition coil. its a special wire that regulates the amps being sent to the coil so it doesn't burn up. its about 18 inch long. its suppose to be that long so don't cut it down. replace it. those to separate parts will affect the engine and how it runs. that should fix your problem

Gonna try that, best answer yet! Will let you know how it works out. Thank you!