Dies mid throttle only in gear what my problem

Asked by Mar 17, 2017 at 01:33 AM about the 1972 Ford F-100

Okay. So here is my problem. Starts up as long as I'm full throttle. Has a new
Holley carburetor starter and ignition coil. But as soon as I put it in gear and
give it a little gas it dies but if I full throttle it it's fine and release it goes back
to idle perfect. Also don't know engine size the intake says 400 but doesn't
have the hose coming out of the water pump to block

73,705

When you push the gas pedal to full throttle, it opens up the choke some to start. I sounds like the choke is closing even when the vehicle is warmed up. May be just a matter of setting the choke spring, and the choke pull-off correctly.

Well I think I figured it out not enough fuel pushing through from fuel pump to carburetor. Noticed it when I piped the hood and saw the fuel filter almost empty. Then tiny sprays would come every now and then. Any ideas how to fix it or should I just replace the pump

73,705

Yea sounds like a weak fuel pump. And little tiny sprays from where?

Into the fuel filter I'll post pics later but it's not continuous spray from the fuel pump to filter

73,705

You should just check the fuel pressure. It should be like 3 to 7 lbs.

Bought a electric choke carb what would I wire that into

73,705

All that needs is a power line hooked onto the choke spring electrical terminal. The choke not closing for a cold start? As the choke spring warms up it back off the coke to the open position. You'll have to adjust the choke pull-off at a cold start.