71 F100 Lights Issue

Asked by Feb 24, 2018 at 09:11 PM about the 1971 Ford F-100

I have a 71 F100 and the all lights are working except the rear running lights
and the now the Headlights Surge.   I had all working yesterday after buying
the truck and replacing the bulbs in the tail lights and now all I have on the rear
are Brake Lights and Turn Signal.  Then the headlights and cab lights starting
blinking or surging.   I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter.

135

Sounds to me like your having a grounding issue with lights

10

I have the same issue with my truck. My brake lights work and back blinkers. Every time a fuse is put in the fuse box it blows the fuse. I'm thinking it's like Dan said. I took back lights out cleaned the connectors oiled the team springs and everything work for a day or two. So Im probably going to do a full wire inspection if I can't find the problem I'm going to just rewire the whole truck. I believe it's are only option. But that's just my opinion. Hope you figure it out

I replaced the voltage regulator and cleaned all the grounds. This took care of the issue I was having with losing the running lights in the rear and the other lights going on and off.